Jobs home > Production Engineer, Wood Components Team
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people – our customers, co-workers and suppliers. To be able to work close to our Supply Partners all over the world, 7 Purchasing & Logistics Areas (PLA) with in total 24 PLA offices are established. The PLA assignment is, besides leading and securing the legal operations, all about identifying efficiencies and synergies to enable business growth and secure partnership between the different Supply Business Units.
The newly established PLA South operates offices in Milano, Bucharest, Istanbul and Karachi and geographically covers total South Europe and the Middle East. PLA South is supporting 200 suppliers and has in total 350 co-workers employed.
You see things a little differently. So do we. We believe in discovering and developing the talent in each of us. We offer positions that challenge your skills and inspire you to grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We believe that you are a person who take the lead and drive your area of responsibility and interacting with people comes very natural to you. You are self-reliant and motivated to be a part of the development of IKEA and like to work efficiently and with continuous improvements. To have excellent communication and interpersonal skills is critical for this role.
For us in IKEA, the most important thing is that you share our values. As a person you value modesty and have strong willpower. You also have the ability to create togetherness and enthusiasm around you. Furthermore we see that you have:
- Experience of at least 3 years in production environment.
- Sound knowledge of quality improvement tools (Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma methods and tools).
- Knowledge about quality systems and Total Quality Management.
- Knowledge of audit and assessment techniques.
- Preferred experience in Furniture industry.
- Result oriented, high energy and self-driven way of working.
- Flexible, good communicator and team player.
- Fluency in English and strong communication skills.
About the job
IKEA is on an exciting growth journey becoming more accessible to the many people. We are investing heavily to develop and digitalize IKEA into the future.
IKEA Purchasing & Logistics Area South is part of IKEA Range & Supply and in this role you will be part of an international team.
You will support this journey by delivering expertise while safeguarding running business. This way, together we empower our co-workers, customers and suppliers with the right solutions to optimize the customer experience and contribute to a growing IKEA.
You will lead the engineering and quality agenda with the overall goal to improve the customer satisfaction. The Production Engineer is the main contact towards the suppliers for Quality & Engineering and works to develop and secure production process, handling quality deviations and securing compliance to all IKEA requirements.
About the assignment
Your tasks will include:
- Responsible for Quality Assurance including securing process control for key processes in production.
- Perform product audits and production risk assessments at supplier.
- Responsible for supplier development according to IKEA Supplier Operating Standard (ISOS).
- Lead the running range at the suppliers and sub-suppliers to secure full compliance of IKEA requirements.
- Lead the supplier development for quality and manufacturing with responsibility to identify and implement actions and execution of Supplier Development Process projects.
- Responsible for improvement projects related to production processes.
- Lead product deviation processes, securing root-cause analysis and implementation of corrective/preventive actions.
- Secure implementation of new and update requirements.
- Secure final inspection and regular follow up and feedback to the suppliers regarding quality performance.
About the company
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
If are also passionate about home furnishing, please send your application in English only!
If you want to be part of creating a better everyday life to the many customers and do it with a great team, this could be the right challenge for you. We are looking forward to getting to know you soon!
***Thank you for your understanding that only selected candidates will be contacted.***