• You have an academic degree in engineering (civil or architecture)
• You have gathered at least 5 years of working experience in contracting and/or owners role involving construction projects.
• You bring previous experience in both procurement processes, contract negotiations and construction management on site.
• You enjoy travelling as you will often go on business trips (mainly in Serbia and Romania and sometimes other countries in Europe).
• Your previous experience in retail or construction management companies would be consider as a plus.
• You are innovative with a passion for doing business and delivering results within a given framework.
• You are service minded and costumer driven with a desire to lead business and people together.
A DAY IN YOUR LIFE WITH US
You have knowledge in following
• Business risk management: Knowledge of how to assess and mitigate risks in a business environment.
• Project & construction management: Knowledge of how to initiate, plan, execute, organize, manage, control and close a project.
• Software relevant for Construction: Knowledge of tools for timeline management document management, design management and other common software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point, Autocad, MS Project)
• Cost control: Knowledge of how to implement a budget starting from the first estimate, till the final cost estimate and later Follow Up on the budget; included the knowledge of appropriate tools, as cost benchmarking and how to recognize and prevent any deviation
• Timeline management: Knowledge of how to set a realistic timeline for a construction site, and how to recognize and prevent any deviation
• Construction Procurement and Market: Knowledge of the most common procurement procedures in regards to construction activities within the project, included the knowledge of the local construction market
• Permission process: Knowledge of local and national authority permission process in regards to design and construction activities throughout the project development, included the knowledge of processes, ways of working, rules etc.
• Construction HSE (Health, Safety and Environment): Knowledge of how to create a safe construction site and environment for all the site people that is compliant with national safety and environment standards.
• Quality management in construction: Knowledge of internal requirements, methods and tools to set up and secure quality during design and construction work
• Construction contracts and legal issues: Knowledge of local construction and design contract types, with their relevant attachment, included a basic knowledge of the most common legal issues and claims
• Languages: Fluency in Romanian and English (you will use both on a daily basis: your colleagues are from all over the world and you will negotiate with the local partners)
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
About the assignment:
You will lead and manage all construction aspects of a specific building project from start to finish to secure delivery of a safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solution based on business needs.
• Participate and contribute in the development in the Cluster of how to engage with designers and contractors in the projects to continuously find cost efficient and innovative project delivery. Work and engage closely with Procurement to identify best for IKEA procurement strategies. Work and engage closely with Engineering to optimize, innovate and develop the best for project methods for design-construct interaction
• Ensure Health and Safety compliance
• Ensure that external partners has up-to-date awareness and understanding of all Construction frameworks, guidelines and initiatives issued by IKEA
• Secure that project budget estimates and time schedules are in place
• Secure that procurement, contractors, permits, budgets and cost follow up are in place for the project
• Provide technical and cost input to internal partners in the project process
• Ensure satisfactory hand-over of completed areas for retail build-up in accordance with an agreed schedule and scope