It takes a dream to create a successful business idea....It takes people to make dreams a reality.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A UNIT PEOPLE & CULTURE MANAGER TO JOIN OUR IKEA INDIA TEAM IN BANGALORE:
We deliver sustainable, extraordinary growth by creating a new, unique, inspiring and convenient meeting with the customers. We deliver a multi-channel experience that adds value to the many people and inspires a home furnishing movement.
• Being passionate about people and having a strong belief in individuals’ potential
• Passionate about creating an engaging co-worker experience
• Reflecting what IKEA stands for and the IKEA values
• Leading business through people
• Having the opportunity to act local within a global framework
• Applying tactical and operational thinking
• Accomplishes goals, completes tasks, and achieves results
• Develops virtual and other collaborative relationships to facilitate current and future objectives
• Takes action without needing direction from others – ability to work independently, take own initiatives and responsibility but also a team-player
• Expresses ideas and opinions effectively in verbal and written communication - with ability to influence and inspire
• Proven record of developing people and organizations
• Experience from a global matrix organization and/or participating on global projects
• Preferred: Cross-functional understanding of INGKA/IKEA Matrix and operations
• Minimum of 2 years in leadership role
• Act as a P&C business partner to the unit manager on all People topics
• Lead and develop the unit P&C team to provide excellent co-worker experience
• Ensure the people strategy, global principles/guidelines as localized by the Country P&C team and relevant business plans are operationally implemented and lived up to
• Influence unit mgmt. team to continuously develop local leadership capabilities within their function according to business needs
• Support the building of local business competence & performance by setting and working on relevant goals, together with the unit managers
• Ensure delivery of learning & training at unit level, supported by the P&C Generalist or Market Area Learning Delivery Specialist
• Ensure local employer communication is consistent, well perceived and builds on the IKEA brand
• Together with the market area manager, secure an up-to-date succession process and plan by influencing the managers in taking the lead with special focus on developing talents and high-performing potentials
• Be a good example of IKEA leadership in ways that express the IKEA values within and outside IKEA, and together with the unit managers help to safeguard and promote the IKEA Culture
• Responsible for implementation of co-worker relations plan that effectively manages all local interactions with co-workers and ensures that all areas in the unit work with the labor relations principles and uphold local policies, procedures and laws
• Together with the Business Navigation Manager responsible for the distribution of budget hours between the unit departments, according to the need of the business and the co-worker, enabling an effective and efficient people planning process.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Be a business partner for the unit manager, contribute to the unit management team and lead the unit People and Culture team to secure People strategies are locally implemented into action in the most effective and efficient way. Facilitate a working environment where the IKEA values and culture are a living reality.