As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by contributing to overall success and results as well as motivated by increasing customer value. Further, you are passionate about discovering new ways to engage with media and bring stories to life.
For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience in Marketing Communications and delivering results as well as minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers and teams. You also have experience from retail, preferably home furnishing sector, as well as experience in planning, driving output and measuring performance (business and people).
You have deep knowledge of Marketing Communication strategy in Retail as well as of the Marketing creative and production process. You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as of IKEA tools, processes and cycles as well as of Group strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as of operational plans and goals including follow up on KPIs. Moreover, you have broad knowledge of the IKEA multichannel reality and online customer behaviours as well as of Life at Home and Home Furnishing as well as of Digital Marketing including 1:1 marketing as well as of Marketing Technology as well as of media strategy. Finally, you possess good knowledge of change management methods and tools as well as stakeholder management.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. You have good leadership capabilities including ability to lead peers and stakeholders while communicating in an inspirational way with the IKEA tone of voice combined with strong interpersonal skills. Furthermore, you have ability to evaluate great communication as well as to plan and execute communications campaigns through multiple channels. You also have ability to follow up and measure performance of output and capture learnings to improve planning and performance moving forward as well as to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly.
ABOUT THE JOB
In the role as Marketing Communications Manager, you are responsible for leading and coaching the Marketing Communication Team to deliver creative marketing communication strategy and solutions that deliver business results aligned with brand identity and positioning.
• Act as a member of the Marketing Management team and proactively contribute to marketing plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
• Be responsible for leading the Marketing Communications Team and driving the totality of the Marketing Communications content to attract and activate customers and consumers, across all channels
• Be responsible for Marketing Communication strategy, planning, creating, and coordinating the brand and commercial communication content part of the Business Plan
• Lead the integrated process for marketing communication development by proactively working with Communications team and Digital team, to secure one voice in the market, and maximize the business and consumer impact
• Be responsible for briefing market content needs to hub (talking partner)
• Be responsible for managing country communication agency relationships to meet country Marketing needs and improve impact of Marketing
• Be responsible for understanding the performance of content and relevant metrics in cooperation with Insights
• Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and maximize impact
• Contribute to the integrated multichannel executions/output of the function in order to contribute to the business goals
• Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values, and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
• Support all initiatives within and outside commercial included in the agreed communication plan (e.g. promote home solar)
In this role you will report to the Marketing Manager.
This role is located in Bangalore,India
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We deliver sustainable, extraordinary growth by creating a new, unique, inspiring and convenient meeting with the customers. We deliver a multi-channel experience that adds value to the many people and inspires a home furnishing movement.