You are passionate about creating an IKEA fit for the future with the customer at heart. Contributing to overall success and results through collaboration, and excellent knowledge and expertise gets you energized. Working together in in an ever-changing multi-dimensional environment inspires you, and you are motivated by finding new ways through co-creation with colleagues and other IKEA units. Living the IKEA culture and values comes natural to you.
You hold a University degree in Tax Law, Tax Economics, Finance or equivalent. In addition you bring 4+ years of experience in Tax, advisory or in-house role.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• good knowledge of the IKEA Concept including our Vision and Business Idea, our Culture and Values
• good knowledge about the Ingka Businesses and the external markets
• good knowledge of local tax jurisdiction
• accounting principles
• legal principles
As a person you have the ability to deal with ambiguity- you can comfortably handle unclear or unpredictable situations. You have the ability to translate expert knowledge into system landscape and are able to act in a changing and complex environment. Moreover, you communicate well and are able to understand and explain complex matters to people with different backgrounds. In addition, you have excellent analytical and numerical skills and detail focus – you perform work with care, accuracy, and attention to detail. You drive for results to accomplish goals, complete tasks, and achieve results. Last but not least, you have the ability to work in teams and collaborate with others to achieve goals.
The main aim for this role is to advise, monitor and support the Ingka Group in your country in a pro-active way on direct and indirect tax matters.
• implement a country tax strategy in line with the relevant Group Policies, Strategies and Business Plans, after consultation with Group Tax
• ensure control in respect of Direct and Indirect tax obligations, risks and opportunities, by implementing and maintaining the IKEA Group Tax Control Framework
• ensure accurate and timely filing of the Corporate Income Tax returns, VAT returns and all other reports to local and central authorities
• support on tax relevant matters regarding management and statutory reporting
• manage local Transfer Pricing documentation in liaison with Group Tax
• ensure correct application for and timely submission of forms to obtain tax treaty relief for Withholding Tax on Franchise Fee, Interest, Dividends and other relevant payments
• advise the local finance organisation on any relevant tax matters
• provide input to the relevant stakeholders, including Group Tax, on opportunities to optimize the existing Ingka [Country] legal structure and business set-up and how to structure new investments
• ensure accurate and compliant output of automated tax relevant solutions
• alert Group Tax on any potential areas for improvement
• handle tax audits, where relevant in cooperation with Group Tax
• ensure availability of books and records in accordance with local legal requirements
• ensure relevant tax competence, knowledge and awareness amongst team members and other relevant staff
• participate in local and/or global projects (providing relevant input)
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
The purpose of the Tax Department is to manage all direct and indirect tax matters for the Ingka Group in the country to ensure compliance with internal and external requirements. The Tax Department is an active partner to internal and external stakeholders in respect of all relevant tax topics.