WE ARE LOOKING FOR AN IN STORE LOGISTICS MANGER TO JOIN OUR IKEA INDIA TEAM IN BANGALORE:
PURPOSE OF JOB:
Create and constantly improve excellence in operations in the area of goods flow to and within the stores. Ensure the preconditions for an effective and efficient replenishment of sales spaces and picking of goods for our customers. To link the retail market with global supply/logistics strategies to secure an end-to-end approach in the execution of the logistics processes.
This will result in the highest level of availability of products in good condition at the lowest total cost.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Excellent analytical skills with the ability to identify required business actions.
• Excellent skills in supporting an efficient and cost-effective commercial performance.
• Excellent skills in presenting, facilitating and influencing others with the ability to provide business
relevant information in a transparent way.
• Understand the business plan process in the country.
• Good numerical skills.
• Good understanding and actively use all IKEA manuals, particularly In-Store Logistics and Retail
Supply Integration the IKEA way manuals.
• Good skills in retail and/or logistics processes, tools and working methods.
• Good understanding of the business plan process in the country.
• Excellent understanding the IKEA Code of Conduct, regulations and legislation relating to health,
• safety and security.
• The IKEA values truly reflect personal values.
• Interested in home furnishing, people's life at home and the IKEA product range.
• A passion for developing people and talent.
• Driven to exceed goals through people.
• A passion for logistics and working in a fast-paced and constantly changing retail environment.
• A proven record of successful leadership.
• Ability to lead based on performing and delivering while learning and developing.
• Ability to build trust and communicate in a clear and targeted way with different people in various situations.
• Ability to manage a high-volume and vibrant retail environment.
• Ability to make things happen with flexibility, speed and simplicity.
• Ability to influence business results as a matrix partner.
• Develop the business and deliver results
• Lead and develop people
• Inspire and clarify
• Create togetherness
• Find better ways
• Enable change
• Lead the In-store Logistics team and secure excellence in the planning and execution of the goods
flow process in co-operation with business partners.
• Lead and inspire the Goods Flow Manager matrix and provide support with the necessary tools,
methods and functional competence development needs, and secure succession planning for the
Good Flow Managers.
• Identify and develop talents within In-store Logistics to secure a succession plan thereby
contributing to the success of future IKEA growth.
• Actively participate in planning, developing and improving logistics supply operations both towards
and within the stores.
• Play an active role in creating the Retail Logistics action plan and setting goals in the area of
In-store Logistics that deliver on the country business plan while also ensuring all actions taken are
always aligned with the overall IKEA business plan objectives.
• Support the stores in planning effective and efficient goods flow operations and together with
• supply partners ensure a smooth goods flow to the store while maximising overall commercial
• Analyse stock development together with retail supply integration and business navigation as part
of the inventory management process.
• As an expert in store goods flow operations, share knowledge with colleagues and business
partners to support their competence development, particularly the understanding of the principles of effective and efficient goods flow and health and safety in goods handling.
• Work together with relevant partners in the supply chain to achieve a high and stable level of product availability for
customers at all times, and at the lowest possible total cost through the objectives and goals stated in the Global Service
Protocol and local appendices.
• Contribute to the store establishment process of new stores, extensions and rebuilds to assure the correct preconditions
for an effective and efficient goods flow and picking operations as well as support the Customer Shopping Experience.
• Ensure that the Retail Logistics team works ethically and in compliance with internal and external laws/rules, including
legislation relating to risk, sustainability and health and safety regulations.
• Live the IKEA values and nurture a strong and living IKEA culture that values the diversity of our customers and co-workers and inspires extraordinary achievements in the department.
KEY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Experience of working in a retail and/or logistics role, including previous management experience of leading others.
• Ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
• Ability to work through others, set priorities, delegate responsibility and give open and honest feedback.
• Ability to inspire and engage others.
• Business-minded with a clear customer focus.
• Show potential to apply tactical and operational thinking.
• Experience of setting and implementing action plans and providing clear directions and following up goals.
• Ability to meet agreed budgets and goals, and work on plans over a number of years.
• Experience of leading in a changing environment.
• Ability to think commercially by balancing efficiency, inspiration and profitability.
• Ability to reflect and find value and ideas in collaborating with others.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
To contribute to a great meeting with the customer in all sales channels by ensuring a consistently high availability of our offer, with high quality and at lowest possible total cost.