As a person you are passionate about people, business, IKEA’s purpose and continuously driving better performance. You are energized by driving business growth and contributing to overall success of IKEA through collaborations as well as motivated by increasing customer value.
For this role we believe you have minimum 10 years of experience in setting Strategic Direction and delivering results as well as minimum 5 years of experience in leading and influencing co-workers. You also have experience from retail, preferably home furnishing sector, as well as experience in planning, driving output and measuring performance (business).
You have broad knowledge of IKEA concept, brand objectives, values and vision as well as IKEA tools, processes and year cycles as well as Group strategies, priorities and business planning process as well as operational plans and goals including follow up on KPIs. Further, you have broad knowledge of the IKEA multichannel reality and online customer behaviours as well as of customers' living situations and their needs and frustrations in their everyday life at home and deep knowledge of life at home. You also possess broad knowledge of trends that influence home furnishing, retail design and communication to gain insight to a more appealing product presentation for customers as well as good knowledge of change management methods and tools as well as stakeholder management.
You have ability to understand the complexity of IKEA business and the role of Commercial as an integrated part of the business. You have strong leadership capabilities with strong ability to communicate in a clear and inspirational way with IKEA tone of voice. You have ability to take a holistic view of a global organisation and identify business opportunities accordingly as well as ability to translate observed or expected trends and insights into concrete actions and strategies as well as to follow up and measure performance of output and capture learnings to improve planning and performance moving forward.
ABOUT THE JOB
In the role as Home Furnishing Direction Leader, you are responsible for positioning IKEA as a key home furnishing influencer in the local market through leading the local Home Furnishing Movement as well as gathering and utilizing deep knowledge of local Life at Home and home furnishing trends as input for the growth plan.
• Support the HF&RD (Home Furnishing & Retail Design) Manager in leading the home furnishing movement and strengthening the IKEA brand through home furnishing expertise
• Deliver on business plan initiatives in regards to the home furnishing direction and secure a fantastic customer experience in order to drive sales
• Be responsible for measuring the performance of output in Home Furnishing Direction by conducting commercial review to maximize efficiency and effectiveness, and to ensure performance excellence throughout the year
• Interpret and engage with market relevant home furnishing content and trends in order to position IKEA as a leading influencer for Life At Home
• Be responsible for setting and overseeing the implementation of local Life at Home strategy, connect with third parties such as influencers, architects, city planners etc. as well as for planning and deployment of batches, in coordination with Marketing & Communications.
• Contribute to the local strategy development through coordinating the collection of Home Furnishing insights, home visits and associated analysis
• Contribute with support to Interior Design activities when needed
• Act as a member of the HF&RD team and proactively contribute to HF&RD plan/output in order to deliver to the common objectives and goals
• Actively cooperate with all key stakeholders within commercial and beyond to secure integration, common focus and to maximize impact (for example Digital, CFF (Customer Fulfilment), Communications, Sustainability, BNOF (Business Navigation Operations & Finance), People & Culture)
• Be an active player in driving an open and sharing climate, be a role model of the IKEA values and contribute to the transformation of IKEA
In this role you will report to the Home Furnishing & Retail Design Manager.
This role is located in Bangalore,India
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
We deliver sustainable, extraordinary growth by creating a new, unique, inspiring and convenient meeting with the customers. We deliver a multi-channel experience that adds value to the many people and inspires a home furnishing movement.