You are innovative with a passion for doing business, always keeping sustainability in mind. You are service minded and customer driven. Building technology is a passion of yours and you deliver results within a given framework. Furthermore you contribute to an environment where the IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of co-workers and customers.
You have an academic degree in engineering or equivalent. We believe you have several years of experience working with engineering design in construction and experience within the retail and/or Shopping centres and/or logistical buildings is an advantage. In addition you have the ability to communicate confidently and clearly in English.
You have knowledge in following areas:
• Project management
• Construction management, how to initiate, plan, organize, execute and manage the construction of Ingka properties according to the latest Ingka standards
• Design management, on setting up, organisation, management and follow-up the design of Ingka Properties throughout the project development
• Technical Due Diligence
• Sustainable construction and building performance
• Sustainable construction, knowledge about BREEAM and LEED including ealuation of low impact construction materials
• Construction materials and engineering solutions
• Software relevant for Construction, knowledge of tools for timeline management (e.g. MS Project), document management (e.g CAD manual, Projectplace, Hummingbird), design management (e.g. AutoCad
for 2D or Revit, Navisworks fro 3D), and other common software (e.g. Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Cost control
• Permission process
• Construction market, development & trends, knowledge of the local and national construction standards, codes and rules, including their cost drivers and structures.
• Construction HSE
• Property safety
• Quality management in construction
• Construction contracts and legal issues, knowledge of Ingka and local construction and design contract types, with their relevant attachment, included a basic knowledge of the most common legal issues and
claims, throughout the project development and during the warranty period (post-
You are motivated to build and maintain a system of strategic business connections. When planning you have the ability to coordinate and direct activities (incl. virtual) to help achieve business objectives. In addition you are motivated to gather, organise, and analyse digital and other sources of information in an objective manner. You strive to meet quality standards and produce quality work products and stimulate creative ideas and perspectives that add value.
The main objective for this role is to support the Construction business in the cluster related to engineering/technical/architectural aspects in order to deliver safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions.
• Provide technical know-how based on current Ingka standards and national best practice in order to deliver safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions
• Lead the development in the Cluster on how to engage with designers in order to continuously find cost efficient and innovative design process by optimizing the delivery of our partners and stakeholder’s competence and knowledge into the project design. Work and engage closely with Construction Manager, Procurement and Construction Project Managers to optimize, innovate and develop the best for project methods for design-construct interaction.
• Lead and coordinate all Engineering work developed in the Cluster and align implementation and communication of those activities with internal and external stakeholders, including supporting the projects within the current key competence areas:
- Structural and Architectural Design
- Fire and Risk Engineering
- HVAC Systems and Energy Modelling
- Electrical Systems
- LCC & LCA calculations
- Technical Solutions and Innovations for PPP & BREEAM
- Design Management: Procurement, Development and Coordination
In this role you will report to the Construction Manager.
This role is located in Bangalore, India.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Real Estate, Ingka
As engaged, open minded and curious experts in all parts of the real estate business we take responsibility for the real estate business at Ingka Group as a trustworthy, appreciated and wanted business partner. We secure new and maintain existing physical locations in order to meet the needs of the many people. We provide strategic insight based on our knowledge and understanding of the real estate portfolio in Ingka. We take the lead in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable and innovative property solutions – with Democratic design and life cycle cost on top of our mind. We actively maintain and secure that our properties are kept in relevant shape for the business.