KEY PREVIOUS EXPERIENCES AND PROVEN SKILLS
• University degree (Economics, Logistics, Supply Chain Management) or proven performance in logistics/commercial/supply chain management
• 4-6 years working experience in a management position (preferable in distribution, retail, logistics or similar)
• Proven successful leadership in a big organisation, delivering both business result and people development
• Retail/home furnishing/supply chain/customer service experience and interest
• Experience of working as a management team member with proven ability to make a difference by positively influencing the business directly as well as through good collaboration
• Knowledge of labour laws and third-party relations (unions, external service providers etc.)
• Experience in securing the implementation of mid-term and long-term strategies and plans and set/follow up goals
• Proven ability to influence in a matrix organisation
• Successfully lead projects or processes on country/market/national level
• Good coaching and/or mentor, advisory and facilitation skills, conflict management skills and problem-solving experience
• Fluent in English, both written and verbal
PURPOSE OF JOB
Take direct responsibility for a customer-centric and high-performing Store and/or Customer Distribution operations in the assigned externally operated central fulfilment unit.
Through strong collaboration with the External Service Partner create the right prerequisites in the unit/organisation to enable growth and secure that the Customer Fulfilment agenda can be translated in to the unit organisation.
? Lead, steer, plan, support and follow up the operations and the development of the distribution organization within the unit.
? Accountable for a strong collaboration and co-creation with counterparts on both market and group level.
Accountable for a sustained business financial success of the unit/site within the unit.
? Collaborative mind-set: excellent in building relationships within and outside the organisation and having high levels of influence and personal impact by using good communication and negotiation skills
? Ability to identify need and drive change within the organisation on market level acting in multi-cultural, interdependent and matrix environments
? Strong focus on achieving and exceeding goals and challenging business for constant improvement and higher efficiency
? Ability to act within the global framework in order to achieve local/market/organisation goals
? End-to-end orientation: ability to apply strategic and analytical process oriented thinking including planning and maintaining work processes
? IKEA business model, the strategic landscape and IKEA ways of working
? Good business understanding: understanding of key performance measurement used to plan, follow up and steer the business with a customer-centric approach
? Excellent knowledge of IKEA processes, supply chain, warehousing operations and service business leading to an excellent customer fulfilment
? Excellent knowledge of the customer and co-worker needs, demands and expectations on the markets
? Very good knowledge of market intelligence: applies market knowledge to achieve organisational goals and objectives; include market specifics in decision making process
? Good knowledge of change management and leading in the unknown/exploring
? Very good knowledge of different leadership styles (such as interdependent, indirect, situational etc.) and needs as well as appropriate use for different situations
? Inspired by the IKEA vision, values and culture
? Customer orientation and centricity: see the customer first and consider the impact on the customer when taking decisions
? Eagerness and desire to understand the complexity of IKEA business, the customer and co-worker needs and influence the improvement of the business with a focus on customer and co-worker satisfaction, financial business performance and compliance
? Being passionate about leading business through people and having a strong belief in the individuals potential
? Enjoy applying strategic, tactical and operational approach for analysing business opportunities from customer/market perspective and inspired by challenging situations
Job specific key tasks and responsibilities
? Accountable for high performing daily operations in the assigned central fulfilment unit through the external service partner that operates the unit. Including standard operating procedures, planning, execution, follow up and day to day continuous improvement of operations, relevant negotiations, IWAY and legal compliance with a focus on quality in all touchpoints for the lowest possible cost.
? Accountable for budget and results connected to the ESP operated central fulfilment unit and to initiate actions when necessary to optimize costs in order to contribute to the performance, productivity, cost development and efficiency of central fulfilment operations.
? Accountable for implementing warehousing processes and concepts as well as new technological and digital innovations through the ESP.
? Responsible for developing and maintaining agreed contractual service standards together with the external service parter (ESP) and the INGKA retail organisation.
? Accountable for securing efficiency and continuous improvement of the unit through the ESP to reach excellence in operations as defined in the Customer Fulfilment Business Plan and the GSP agreement including delivery performance, quality and productivity improvements as well as cost optimization.
? Accountable for collaboration and cooperation of the unit with key partners and stakeholders on all levels including market, group, internal, external, within and outside of INGKA. Including: representation of the central fulfilment unit in related decision bodies, contribution with both knowledge and expertise to optimal operational and multichannel development, related business- and process forums, sourcing activities as well as to all matrices, global and market initiatives and competence networks.
? Responsible for acting as a “bridge builder” between IKEA and ESP with emphasis on interaction between IKEA and ESP co-workers; develop, communicate, explain and follow-up of strategy, business plan and relevant actions within the unit with the customer in focus
? Responsible for managing the External Service Provider (ESP) unit and developing a partnership built on close cooperation and securing a 'fair deal' within the given frames based on an environment friendly and socially sustainable supply chain.
? Accountable for promoting and stimulating entrepreneurial orientation in the in the ESP operated central fulfilment unit and to secure contribution to knowledge sharing, knowledge management, improvement, development and innovation activities.
? Accountable for the implementation of the Customer Fulfilment sustainability agenda in the assigned central fulfilment unit.
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Customer Fulfilment (CFF) is a fundamental part in making IKEA multichannel retailing in reality. To support IKEA in achieving business objectives, CFF acts as a fully integrated, process-oriented organisation with an end-to-end approach to develop our business and deliver results across functions together with our partners.
We are focusing on providing seamless shopping experience with great quality in all touchpoints for the many people.
Central Fulfilment function will contribute to this objective by:
• developing and securing fulfilment of products through all sales channels with great lead times, availability and quality at the lowest possible costs that’s enable an affordable price and profitability
• taking a lead and overall responsibility for operational excellence, performance and development of central fulfilment units within the market
• striving for high performance at lowest cost and long-term profitability acting in a responsible way and thereby create great customer experience