You are inspired by our vision „to create a better everyday life for the many people“ with a passion for sustainability and highly motivated about making IKEA People and Planet Positive. Your vast environmental and social responsibility background enables you to inspire and engage people into sustainability-related agenda and build sound work relationships in a matrix organisation. You have good knowledge of how to balance and merge environmental, social and economic aspects to define sustainability and you use that knowledge to support IKEA in striving to make business within the limits of the planet. You have project management skills and ability to lay strategy into action. With a strong desire to lead business and people together, you share and live the IKEA culture and values.
On this position, you will:
· Collaborate and align with all internal as well as external stakeholders to secure sustainability is integrated across all country functions in delivering their sustainability contribution to the agreed frameworks and strategies;
· Secure local adaptation of the global direction and ambitions and drive sustainability initiatives, processes and projects that deliver to the total business agenda and a more People and Planet Positive IKEA;
· Ensure that alignment, budget and resources are in place to move the sustainability agenda forward in applicable areas within your country – progression through agreed methods and tools and closing the performance gap;
· Inspire, motivate and guide the store organization to integrate sustainability in all aspects of the business for both Retail and IKEA Food;
· Develop a strong understanding of specific sustainability situation in our country and contribute to country business agenda;
· Promote sustainable products and solutions that help customers live more sustainable life at home and minimize their environmental impact and save money;
· Minimize environmental impact from the store operations by reducing energy, water consumption, minimize waste and improve waste handling;
· Actively contribute to sustainable development of the local community.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
As a Sustainability Leader you will be responsible to ensure that IKEA Belgrade East Store meets IKEA commitment of being a company that takes social and environmental responsibility and acts as a good neighbour taking the lead to drive sustainable development of the local community. You will lead and coordinate the sustainability agenda and contribute and support others in the consistent and effective execution of the Ingka sustainability People and Planet Positive strategy.