You see things a little differently? So do we. We believe that what you value is more important than what your CV says. We offer positions that will challenge your skills and let you grow. Come see things a little differently with us.
We are recruiting for co-workers across the store. We have positions in Sales (Markethall and Showroom) and IKEA Food (Kitchens, Restaurant, Bistro and Swedish Food Market).
While the same values and good availability (evenings and weekends essential) apply for all functions, each team will have different requirements, as listed below.
• You love customers and are confident in approaching them in a polite and friendly manner.
• You are passionate about actively offering all the services available in the IKEA store to help customers make informed choices, which results in a great shopping experience.
• Experience in retail is preferable
For IKEA Food:
• You are service minded, sales driven, customer focused and feel motivated working in a vibrant, fast-paced retail environment.
• Previous food retail environment experience is an advantage.
• Maximising sales by ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, fully stocked and correctly priced. You also ensure your products are in perfect condition at all times.
• Analysing sales space capacities based on system parameters to secure high stock availability.
• Being passionate about the products you sell and actively learning about their features and benefits.
• Actively approaching customers to identify their needs by asking the right questions, and advising them on the best solutions for their homes.
• Keeping the customer in focus by providing excellent customer service at all times.
• Ensuring your area of responsibility is clean, tidy, attractive and inviting.
• Taking action to ensure your area is of a food safety standard at all times, relevant training will be provided.
• Ensure efficiency and good operations following daily operational routines.
ABOUT THIS WORK AREA
This is an opportunity to join our sales team in the Markethall. We are a fun-loving, hard working and driven team. You will become a multi-skilled co-worker working across Cooking & Eating, Textiles, Bathshop, Home Organisation, Lighting and Home Decoration. You should be a self-motivator, but also able to work as part of a team.
We have contracts of 12, 16 or 20 hours per week.
Evening and weekend availability is essential.
Fully flexible availability would be preferable.
We are committed to giving all our co-workers one in four weekends off work.
Thanks to IKEA Food; customers, co-workers and people at home can have a better everyday life through food that’s good for both people and planet. Together we serve more than 660 million customers yearly at the IKEA restaurants worldwide, underlining our Scandinavian heritage by offering a modern taste of Sweden. We also offer a variety of foods in our bistros and in the “Swedish Food market”. We are a diverse group of people who all live by the motto: Laughter is brightest in the place where the food is!
Various co-worker roles are available across Sales and IKEA Food with contracts of 12, 16 or 20 hours available
We require all our co-workers to have good availability, including evenings and weekends. an example of typical shifts would be Mon - Saturday 5.30pm -9.30pm, or 10am - 2pm and Sundays 1pm -5pm or 2.30pm - 6.30pm.
In return we are committed to giving each co-worker 1 in 4 weekends off.
Please fill in the attached availability form to give us an idea of what you can work. Please list every day and time you are available to work, bearing in mind if you are available every evening, for example, this does NOT mean you will be assigned to every evening shift.
Please attach a CV and cover letter to your application.
Please state on your cover letter your preference of work area.
Following an initial shortlisting the next stage of the application process with be an assessment centre.