• 2 years prior maintenance or mechanical experience
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Ability to lift 50 to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to perform physical activities
• Must have the ability to obtain IKEA’s forklift driver’s certification.
• Mechanical aptitude
• Valid driver’s license
• Be a dynamic, action oriented team player that is self-motivated and confident in making independent decisions
• Safety minded
• A clear understanding of, and a passion for IKEA values and principles
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING DAY TO DAY
• Perform preventative maintenance routines on all warehouse and dock equipment
• Maintain all work orders associated with preventative maintenance routines
• Clean, lubricate, adjust, tighten, and paint all warehouse equipment as needed
• Respond to requests for assistance from Maintenance staff
• Light painting and cleaning duties
• Contribute to an environment where IKEA culture is a strong and living reality that embraces the diversity of coworkers and customers.
• Assume responsibility for other tasks and projects as assigned
• SHIFT - Mon - Fri 12pm - 8:30pm w/occasional weekends
TOGETHER AS A TEAM
Without us our many co-workers and customers wouldn’t have an IKEA to go to. We make sure to secure, build and maintain our physical locations - from stores to offices to factories – to meet the needs of the many people. Together we lead the way in delivering safe, compliant, sustainable, and innovative solutions for every property. And we feel a great sense of pride in seeing everything working smoothly!