Assistant Sales Manager (IKEA Business Shopkeeper, Corporate Sales Interior Design)
The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
About the job
Optimize the IKEA shopping experience in your shop and store to secure satisfied customers and increase sales. You do this by motivating and inspiring your department team using knowledge of the IKEA product range and services, the local market and IKEA customers. Your leadership is based on performing and delivering while learning and developing. The shopkeeper optimizes the sales and profitability of the department by following up, conducting analyses and taking actions. You use IKEA tools and the expertise of your team and colleagues to support you.
- Ensure you have the right number of competent co-workers in the right place at the right time and secure that they are fully able and available to serve customers and actively help them to buy.
- Ensure the shop is in excellent shape as new and fully and efficiently stocked with the four merchandising basics in place at all times and that the IKEA product range is presented in ways that inspire and satisfy customers.
- Ensure your team has all the correct knowledge about the product range in your department and the IKEA services so that they can share this with IKEA customers to improve their overall shopping experience.
- Understand the different IKEA sales and communication channels and IKEA know-how in order to make the best commercial use of this information for different customers.
- Develop strategies and action plans to grow IKEA Business by securing new and potential corporate clients as well as retaining existing business relationships.
- Actively seek out new opportunities. Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, financial and client’s requirement.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; and integrating contract requirements with business operations
- Enhance product knowledge and functioning, customization, service quality for effective marketing and service delivery and to meet client’s expectation.
- Take responsibility for your department goals and secure that your action plan ensures the country's priorities for your Home Furnishing Business (HFB) are implemented in your store. You follow up and take action accordingly by using proven solutions and good examples.
- You and your team actively sales steer to your department’s top-selling products, prioritised products (e.g. overstock/övertag) and IKEA service products in order to maximise sales and long-term profitability.
- You act quickly on commercial opportunities; changing the availability of products (overstock and out of stock) and customer feedback (10 most asked questions).
- You keep an active eye on the competition and take appropriate action when necessary which you communicate to your matrix partner in the Service Office.
- You develop your team and its individual members and ensure you have succession in place.
- You actively promote the IKEA social and environmental commitment and work with your team to understand how, together, you can contribute to sustainability.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of working experience as a leader in the retail industry in business development and corporate sales (Business to Business)
- You have interest in home furnishing and good working knowledge in Interior Design
- You are flexible to work on Public Holidays and Weekends.
- Your interest in people’s everyday life at home and home furnishing.
- You have the ability to work together in a team and open to change/highly flexible.
- You are able to make quick decisions and take personal initiatives.
- You have strong negotiation skills to secure business development opportunities
- You communicate well in English and Bahasa Malaysia.
- You able to prioritize and organize your own work to make efficient use of the time available.
No specific & as long have relevant Sales Experience
Please apply by 01-MAR-2020