The IKEA vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We do this by offering a wide range of well-designed, functional home furnishing products at prices so low that as many people as possible can afford them. We operate in Singapore, Malaysia and Thailand – and have an ambitious expansion plan to bring a little bit of Sweden to new markets in the region. We are part of the Ikano Group of companies and the only IKEA franchisee owned by the Kamprad family that founded IKEA.
We also develop, own and operate Shopping Centres that are anchored by IKEA and create walkable communities by including residential, office and other types of real estate in our development plans.
We work towards making sustainability a natural part of our everyday work. We are active in our communities, driving and supporting social initiatives that benefit children, women and the environment.
· Lead the store Com&IN colleagues by inspiring and challenging them to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity through creating relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that exceed visitors’ expectations.
· Ensure that the range presentation solutions meet key objectives, is aligned with the IKANO store layout strategy, reflect the right display techniques, showcases a wide variety of styles and price levels; and ensuring a constant level of vitality throughout the store.
· Responsible for analysing research findings and translating knowledge of the local market’s needs and dreams into inspiring range presentation solutions that reflect life at home activities with seasonal relevance; thus improving the visitors’ overall shopping experience.
· Actively support the developing of the department action plan using layout as a commercial tool as well as range presentation and vitality initiatives that are focused on growing the business and supporting long-term profitability; and executing the agreed plans together with the Com&IN team and other functions.
· Keep myself up-to-date with knowledgeable about retail, home furnishing trends and activities in order to support the Com&IN manager to facilitate workshops that generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression
· A higher educational qualification in design, preferably with specialization in visual merchandising or interior design.
· Proven ability to demonstrate how they have interpreted their knowledge and understanding of people’s life at home.
· Creative and commercial visual competence with a keen eye for aesthetics to capitalise on the short and long-term business opportunities within the retail environment.
· Passionate and knowledgeable about home furnishing, design (visual merchandising, graphic design, interior design etc) and retail.
· Experienced problem solver with an ability to organise, prioritise, set expectations, provide clear direction, implement action plans and follow up on goals; so that time is efficiently used and agreed goals/deadlines are eventually met.
· Ability to engage the receiver and create passion for her/his goal.