Project Leader: IKEA Food Material Direction – Alternate Proteins and Animal Feed
Range & Product Innovation, Innovation area Food
Do you want to work for a more sustainable food business?
We are looking for a new Innovation colleague with a passion to lead this transformation and who brings a solid expertise in Alternative Proteins and Animal Feed.
At IKEA of Sweden in Älmhult the IKEA range is developed and made available to customers all over the world. It is also here we explore the future to create ideas and innovations for a better everyday life at home for the many people.
With the IKEA vision – to create a better everyday life for the many people - as a starting point, we focus on creating capabilities and solutions that are relevant in the life at home today and tomorrow.
With the task to capture the opportunities of a changing world, Range & Product Innovation has the responsibility to enable IKEA to meet the needs of our customer. We strive to collaborate with our partners and customers as relevant to the different phases of our innovation process. We ideate with aim to challenge the known truths, keeping customer needs in the core and having technologies as enablers.
Our main objective is to have a more sustainable food business as a foundation and drive the change with the three identified change drivers.One of the change drivers identified is to have a more sustainable food business and animal welfare as the foundation. We will invest in new product development towards more sustainable impact products.
As project leader for Alternate Proteins and Animal Feed you will utilize your solid experience and knowledge to
- Initiate and create the development roadmap for innovation projects for Alternate Proteins & Animal Feed as a change drivers connected to the IKEA Food material direction.
- Bring together and lead a team of multi-functional competences to ensure we can explore, innovate and pilot / deploy solutions connected to the change drivers.
- Shortlist development partners for alternate proteins for identified IKEA products and ensure “ tasting , validating and piloting” in select IKEA markets
- Engage with external partners to create base line understanding of commercial solutions for Animal Feed but still new to IKEA and develop RFI packages to narrow down the funnel
- Engage with external partners to understand new to the world innovations in Animal Feed and develop RFI packages to narrow down the funnel
- Create a portfolio of solutions which will become the foundation of the development roadmap for both Alternate Proteins and Animal Feed
- Support the relevant stakeholders in developing the solution, validating for the application and piloting before scale up by the category area
- Creating learning cases as we deploy solutions for continuous improvement
- Coach and support the relevant stakeholders within the project team around project management skills
- Be a bridge between project team and steering group to ensure effective governance structure is inplace to ensure the success of the project
To be successful in this role we see that you have experience in leading development connected to Alternate Proteins and Animal Feed. You are determined, passionate in what you do and driven by creating innovation with a meaning. With your problem solving approach, humbleness and willpower, open mind, curiosity and courage to try new solutions you contribute to our entrepreneurial IKEA culture and our vision.
You have the capability to build strong lasting relations with internal and external partners. You are passionate about creating the best sustainable solutions at the right price, quality, good function and with beautiful form.
Furthermore we see that you have proven knowledge and experience in:
Knowledge and Capabilities:
- Capability to lead complex innovation / development projects with high business impact
- Capability to navigate across complex and multiple stakeholder engagement project environment
- Capability to bring together and lead high performing project teams which are inherently assignment based / multi-functional in nature
- Experience in working with external partners / suppliers globally will be an added advantage
- Capability to learn new areas quickly, develop an understanding of the industry / supplier landscape and develop a point of view from IKEA perspective
- Proven project management skills in complex development / sourcing assignments
- Experience in being able to visualize the holistic perspective, boiling it down to sharp deliverables and milestones and making it happen
- Advantage to have 10 to 15 years of professional experience
This is a 2 year assignment on a temporary contract, based in Älmhult
We look forward to receiving your application in English by latest 21st of January. Please note that we will be interviewing continuously, which means that we may close the application process earlier than stated if we find the right candidates. Please send us your application in English today!
If you have any questions about the position you are welcome to contact Material Area Manager, New Material and Innovation Puneet Trehan at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact recruitment specialist Marie Sandman on +46 768545309