IKEA sells millions of products around the world every day and each one must make its way from supplier to customer. Transport & Logistics Services play vital role in the IKEA supply chain and make sure that this process is performed in a professional way, securing all requirements related to availability, optimal total cost, quality & sustainability.
IKEA Transport & Logistics Services organization is approximately 500 persons globally with purchase volume of 2.8 billion Euros, working in the category dimension of Land, Ocean and Logistics Services. We are responsible for plan, purchase, operate and follow up the service execution of transports and services. Securing the needed logistics services capacity at the right time, with the right quality, at the right cost and in a sustainable way; to continuously contribute to the goal of having 100% satisfied IKEA customers. Transport & Logistics Services has a new dimension with responsibility for end-to-end Flow Development based on 3 pillars: Optimization, Planning and Performance.
We are now looking for a Logistics Operations Developer to join our Category Logistics Services (Food) team located in Älmhult.
As a Logistic Operations Developer, you will be responsible to secure excellence in logistical operational performance, and its further development, in close cooperation and alignment with all relevant supply chain stakeholders; contributing to reaching customer perceived availability at the lowest total cost (considering impacts of quality, safety, service performance, sustainability, and other supply chain costs).
Your tasks will include:
· Logistical performance: Secure logistical operational performance from end-to-end perspective as it is defined by respective set of KPIs. Follow-up and implement actions within existing and new delivery and warehousing solutions.
· Stakeholder management: Align with supply chain stakeholders to secure logistical operational performance, as well as create preconditions for smooth and efficient transport and warehousing production. Set and maintain regular communication forums, proactively search for improvements, contribute to create understanding within supply chain regarding expectations, needs and preconditions with total cost in mind.
· New optimized replenishment solutions: Lead implementation (e.g. new routes) in alignment with relevant stakeholders and in close cooperation with Business Developers and Delivery Planners. Evaluate, follow-up and adjust Lead Times based on OTD performance.
· Continuous Improvements: Validate and optimise sending and receiving capabilities as a link between all supply chain stakeholders. Act upon fluctuations to avoid performance disruptions and increased total cost. Propose new logistical set-up to support logistics cost development. Identify and propose volume consolidation opportunities. Collaborate with Category Business Teams; support logistic development in new sourcing countries.
· Daily Operations: Solve repetitive deviations in operational activities in close collaboration with the Delivery Planning team and fellow Logistics Operations Developers. Secure process development based on new prerequisites in the global supply chain.
It comes natural for you to act as an IKEA ambassador when communicating and interacting with service providers. You have the ability to build relations and to work with different stakeholders in a trustful way.
For you to be successful in the role we believe that you need:
· At least 2 years of logistics experience within a Multinational Company and/or relevant University degree (preferred in Logistics, Economics or Business).
· Good knowledge of Supply Chain operations.
· Preferred knowledge of transport and warehousing industry
· Strong communication skills & being a team player.
· Capability to deal with multiple tasks under time pressure.
· Ability to act pro-actively and find new solutions.
· English Fluent both written and oral
· Ability to see IKEA as a whole and keep the focus on the IKEA customer.
We place emphasis on your personal skills; to be successful in the role it is very important that your communicative and social skills are excellent. You also have the ability to create, maintain and develop business relations.
In return IKEA offers you a challenging position with great development possibilities. You will work in an environment where your ideas are heard, where there is an opportunity to learn new skills and where the goal always is “to create a better everyday life for the many people”. IKEA offers down-to-earth, straightforward people the possibility to grow, both as individuals and in their professional roles.
Please note that this position is located in Älmhult, Sweden, home of IKEA. We look forward to receiving your application online in English. For information about the position, please contact recruiting manager Erik Bergendal via email@example.com
We will recruit continuously and might close the recruitment earlier if we find the right candidate.
Please apply online! We look forward to receive your application on December 22nd the latest.