Food Safety & Quality Leader - IKEA food plant based category
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduces 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.
Category Area – Food
Our customers have been served food in IKEA stores since 1959. In 2017 we launched Category Area Food, as part of the pursuit of a world class food supply chain. We are currently putting in place the foundation, in terms of people and ways of working. Through consolidation of today’s supplier base of more than 1.100 suppliers of food to our stores, we secure an optimal sourcing, with a strong governance to secure good quality food and mitigate risks, including food fraud.
Our wished position, is to setup a passionate and professional team, delivering high performance and robust business through a supplier base focused on safety, availability, cost, quality and sustainability. We strive to be relevant, attractive and trustworthy to become a preferred business partner.
Do you want to be part of developing the Engineering and Quality agenda for Plant Based Category and lead its execution in a global environment? If yes, this might be the perfect challenge for you!
About the job
You will join Plant Based Category Management Team and report to the Category Manager. As part of Category Area Food Quality matrix you will contribute by driving category’s engineering and quality agenda, with a focus to secure execution in line with your Category business plan.
Another important area of responsibility is to develop and maintain category’s engineering competence with an aim to deliver products fulfilling customer expectations in terms of Food Safety as well in all aspects of Democratic Design.
Main Engineering & Quality responsibilities included in your assignment are:
• Execution of the engineering and quality agenda for the category in cooperation with BDMs, Category Manager and Engineering and Quality Manager;
• Develop and implement Business Quality Leadership competences in the category and suppliers to secure consistency in quality and Food Safety development;
• Ensure that quality tools (for example Process & Design FMEA, Six Sigma etc.) are used among the business development teams and suppliers;
• Support Production and Product engineers in local and global engineering/improvement/quality and Food Safety projects;
• Support in analysing customer feedback, and development of project/actions to improve customer satisfaction;
• Support product development projects (News/Moves/Improves) in the engineering and quality dimension;
• Support business development team to implement quality assurance at suppliers and create pre-conditions for the suppliers to take full responsibility for their Quality and Food Safety performance;
• Secure Category specific knowledge in introduction of new engineers.
At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and Role Model for Fact-based Business leadership.
We offer a challenging role where you will work on a global area and get the possibility to lead the engineering and quality agenda for the category.
As an Engineering and Quality Leader you need to have:
• Previous experience in a leadership role (Food Safety / Quality or Quality Assurance Manager/Leader) within a Food Retailing / Manufacturing company with global footprint;
• Previous experience in working with GFSI requirements and GFSI recognised Certification schemes;
• Proven record of consistently delivering results in leading and developing both business and people;
• Good knowledge of Six sigma methodology and tools (DMAIC, Root cause, value stream mapping, risk analysis);
• Good knowledge of Quality assurance set up including production processes, process control, cost calculation and materials;
• Good knowledge of project management tools;
• Good remote leadership skills.
From our internal applicants, we’re also expecting you’d hold:
• Minimum 3 years experience as EQL in a Category with strong compliance requirements;
• Very good knowledge about IKEA Purchasing Manual and Supplier Development Process (SDP);
• Good knowledge of One IKEA Business Plan Process, IKEA Purchase Development Process (PDP) and Develop Product Offer process (DPOP);
• Very good knowledge of IKEA Supplier Operating System (ISOS);
• Very good understanding of building and executing Category plans;
• Very good understanding of how your everyday work adds customer value by delivering to Democratic Design;
• Good understanding of IKEA Strategic Landscape, especially the Purchasing and Quality;
• Strategies and IKEA Business model and Business Model for growth;
• Good Remote leadership skills.
Your role in a snapshot?
Holding an analytical and holistic view, you lead the business and always act with the Customer, supplier, total IKEA and Quality in mind. You have the ability to lead on an operational & tactical level with the business strategy in mind. You perform analysis and are able to draw conclusions to support the right business decision. You have the ability to deliver results through involving, leading, developing and inspiring people in a remote environment, acting like coach and a mentor. You are a good communicator in English, both verbal and written, with the ability to communicate clearly and in a simple way.
- Please note that durinig July there will be a slow response to your application. We will get back to you in the beginning of August with an update -
The Engineering & Quality Leader for Plant Based Category will be located in Älmhult (Sweden). You will report to Max Reumark, Category Manager Plant Based.
This role will require extensive travelling.
We welcome all applications. In the first selection process, we consider candidates from IKEA of Sweden, IKEA Food Services and IKEA Communications, including Creative Hub and Global Marketing from INGKA.
Sounds interesting? Submit your application as soon as possible. We look forward to receiving your application in English!
For more information about the role, please contact recruiting manager Max Reumark +46 (0) 73 375 6973. If you have questions about the recruitment process you can reach out to Recruitment Specialist Johanna Hansson +46 (0)73 376 1744
IKEA Range & Supply has the responsibility to develop, design, produce and supply IKEA stores with home furnishing solutions available to the many people. Each year IKEA Range & Supply introduce 2,000 new products in the IKEA stores. The total range is almost 10,000 products.