Jobs home > Category Manager for Stainless Steel
The materials of metal, plastic and float glass are found in every part of the home and our products touch the lives of every IKEA customer. We believe that a Better Everyday Life at Home is the result of great work together and strive to only produce products that we genuinely love.
We are looking to recruit Category Manager for Stainless Steel Category to join our exciting journey in Category Area Metal, Plastic & Float Glass.
We work closely together with our suppliers in order to optimize our value chain, resulting in better products at lower costs. Based in IKEA of Sweden, you will be in charge of developing and implementing the global Stainless steel purchasing ambitions, leading the Category and securing the right preconditions for the categories to meet the Home Furnishing business needs and deliver excellent results.
As Category Manager, your main assignments will be:
- Responsible for the development and implementation of the Category Business Plan in close collaboration with the Home Furnishing business and to deliver excellent results
- Ensure that the Category Plan is aligned with relevant HFBs Business plans through One Common Business Plan Process to meet the customer needs
- Responsible for the development of wished position for the category, the future supplier landscape, supplier classification and defining needs for new suppliers
- Responsible for the development of existing as well as new materials and production techniques.
- Integrate the production, technology and capacity dimension into the HFB Business and Range; pro-actively contribute with competence and resources into the HFB Business and Range Development
- Through IKEA way of doing business, responsible to secure right pre-conditions and lead to achieve professional long term business development with suppliers based on a shared business model, trust and transparency
- Establish sourcing assignments with relevant HFBs. Secure planning and execution to fulfil the sourcing assignment and pro-actively work together with HFBs to integrate opportunities and act on deviations
- Establish allocation framework and assign business to different regions/suppliers in order to secure optimal sourcing set-up
- Build production capacities, including recommend capacity commitments and investments according to bill of authority
- Lead the Category Management Team
- Establish and manage the cost budget; Continuously use resources in an optimal way to secure business goals
- Responsible for recruitment, development, performance management, retention and succession plans for co-workers directly in your team
- Responsible for driving Leadership and Competence agenda: Identify gaps and needs, and build leadership and competence plans to meet the short and long term business needs
- As part of Category Area Management Team, contribute to identify and act upon cross-category synergies & opportunities; Contribute to Material & Innovation Strategy when applicable
- At any time, act as an ambassador of IKEA values and Role Model for Fact-based Business leadership
We are facing changes we’ve never experienced before; in technology, innovations, consumer behaviour and business models. It is the biggest revolution to happen in retailing since IKEA was founded. Do you want to be a part of shaping the new?
You embrace innovation and digitalization. You set ambitious goals and are accountable for reaching them. You act with speed on deviations and focus on what really matters to our customers.
With knowledge and experience in the field of purchasing, you have a strong capability to identify and capture business opportunities and deliver excellent results. You can easily combine working on a strategic level with acting on a tactical/ operational one. You come with good track record in current & previous positions. You are known for your innovative ideas and your ability to implement them throughout the supply chain. You lead by example and have the ability to bring out the best in your team and the different partners and organizations you collaborate with. You identify very much with the IKEA values and enjoy creating an environment where our values are a strong and living reality.
Reports to: Category Area Manager Maria Blixt
Location for the role: The Category Manager position is located in Älmhult, Sweden.
Travel: Since our business and people are located throughout the world, the position requires extensive travel.
If you have any question regarding the recruitment process and/or the positions:
- Contact your direct manager: Maria Blixt at +46 728865474
- Contact P&C leader Katarzyna Kowalczyk-Krosnowska at +48 692441903
Do you want to join us? We look forward receiving your application until 14th of May 2021. Please note that we will handle applications on a continuous basis, so if you are interested apply as as soon as possible!