Shopkeeper | IKEA | Al Ain, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are a passionate and dynamic person ready for bigger scope of responsibility. You want to lead, inspire and build a strong team. You want to create a better life for many individuals at their homes.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Post Graduate Certification
- 3 – 5 years Retail managerial experience preferably in IKEA
Experience of working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
Experience of managing and developing a team, preferably in retail environment.
Business-minded and result-driven with a customer focus
Strong leadership skills
Strategic planning and analytical skills
Excellent communication skills
About the role
You are responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA’s position as the “Top of the Mind” home furnishing store in the local market. You will lead, provide support and develop co-workers in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the Customer Service Point while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store). You will assist the Store Manager in controlling and managing the execution of pre-determined tasks within the Customer Service Point. You willl monitor and control day to day job tasks and ensure service performance standards, daily reporting of problems areas and to highlight specifics to the Store Manager, ensure smooth inter-departmental interactions, and effectively manage and motivate co-workers towards achievement of work objectives.
Key Role Specific Accountabilities
- Actively promote the Kitchen Design Service in order to increase sales and promote Add-on Sales.
- Liaise with Home Delivery and Assembly. Audit all kitchen designs with the home delivery and assembly teams and the kitchen designers before dispatching stocks to the customer`s home. Arrange for home visits and conduct follow-up on all kitchen jobs.
- Maintain a full display of products via merchandising methods as laid down by the company.
- Together with the Logistics department you ensure that sales forecasts of all products in your HFB are adapted to the sales pattern so that the ordering process of goods leads to a healthy stock situation
- Secure all products in all HFB are displayed according to the merchandising basics (clean, available on picking location, priced and well maintained) during all opening hours recommend strategies that fill any gaps in the market.
- Conduct surveys to gauge the in store customer shopping experience and external competitor monitoring to recommend strategies that fill any gaps in the market.
- Suggest means of improving sales to the Store Manager as well as determine “slow moving” or “non-selling” items and suggest sales action.
- Be up to date with changes in the company’s products range such as new items or changes in existing items; Keep the Sales Manager informed of any customer’s problems/comments on the product range and/or any gaps in the range.
- Be an ‘expert’ on the product range within HFB.
- Coordinate and follow up with Range department. Track stock levels (Overstock / Outgoing / Concrete and Ageing stock) and make recommendations to the range department on order quantities required to achieve the sales targets.
- Support the Customer Relations department to increase customer service levels by obtaining customer feedback and suggestions, collecting all the feedback from customers from different points in the store and collating report s to present to the store management team. The Customer Service levels are measured by the ISCC results twice a year.
- Ensure the shopping tools are filled across the store to ease the customer shopping in IKEA.
- Be understanding and sensitive in meeting diverse customers’ needs by initiating and developing effective way of building relationship with the customer thereby establishing trust and confidence.
- Maintain contact and advice customers on news or recently received items of interest as well as following up on quotations sent in an effort to convert to actual sales.
People Management & Development
Manage the selection, training and development programs for new co-workers.
Participate in the recruitment and selection of the sales co-workers when vacancies arise
Ensure working methods, basic action routines and range information are understood and carried out in order to achieve objectives
Motivate the sales staff towards achievement of work objectives.
Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
Be Train the Trainer for the department and ensure all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings
Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system. Monitor attendance of the sales co-worker.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.