Senior Customer Service | IKEA | Al Ain
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You are driven to exceed your goals. You are inspired by working together in fast paced and complex environments. You are interested in people’s everyday life at home and in home furnishings.
What's more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share IKEA values every day
High School / Trade School Graduate
1-2 years in a similar role or Customer Service
MS Office Excel
- Strategic and Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Team Player
About the Role
You will be responsible for optimizing sales, profitability and development of the Home Furnishing Business (HFB) to strengthen IKEA's position as the "Top of the Mind" home furnishing store in the local market. Your role includes leading, providing support and developing co-workers in order to create a strong and vital daily commercial drive in the Customer Service Point while ensuring the presence of the proven IKEA retail system (Tasks of the IKEA store). You assist the Store Manager in controlling and managing the execution of pre-determined tasks within the Customer Service Point, you monitor and control day to day job tasks and ensure service performance standards, daily reporting of problems areas and to highlight specifics to the Store Manager, and also ensure smooth inter-departmental interactions and effectively manage and motivate co-workers towards achievement of work objectives.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
Works with the team to promote and encourage a customer-focused culture throughout to ensure we are first choice for home furnishings and destination for the whole family.
Manage and monitor KPIs of the departments.
Manage the productivity of Cashier performance.
Ensure the highest level of Customer Service at all times.
- Ensure that the stocks available in the warehouse are sufficient to meet the delivery and assembly requirements.
- Prepare appropriate plans and schedules in order to meet Deliver and Assembly needs.
- Assist and prepare the annual budget for delivery/ assembly needs and goods flow based on the projected annual sales targets provided.
- Maintain the KPI reports and preparing an action plan for those areas of concerns.
- Organize the daily delivery and assembly schedule based on the previous day's sales and backlog.
- Develop, implement and control of SOP’s for Check-outs/Exchange and refund teams to protect the Company’s assets and to ensure that all in-store procedures are adhered to, so that the store operations comply with audit standards with regards to Check-outs, cash handling and store expenditure.
Support the Store Manager to increase customer service levels by obtaining customer feedback and suggestions, collecting all the feedback from customers from different points in the store and collating reports to present to the management team. The Customer Service levels are measured by the ICSS results twice a year.
Work with the team to ensure departments are appropriately staffed at all times of the day in order to make it easy and convenient for us to close sales and to minimise waiting times to within benchmarks.
People Development and Management
- Motivate the team towards achievement of work objectives.
- Support the team to achieve their objectives by ensuring they understand the company business plan and objectives.
- Be Train the Trainer and ensures all the co-workers in the department are trained in Product Knowledge, customer service training, Concept training, H&S trainings.
- Support the Store Manager in managing the team by participating with their recommendations during the Probationary period reviews and annually reviews.
- Monitor attendance of the co-workers and monitors sickness and other absences levels.
- Act as Payroll administrator and be a super user for the Staff Management System and generate the schedules using the system.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.