Jobs home > Interior Designer | IKEA | Al Ain, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to combine commercial, aesthetic and practical skills. You can generate, visualise and present new ideas. You can work together with others in a team and confident in approaching and communicating clearly with different people in various situations. You are flexible, hands-on approach to responsibilities and able to meet set deadlines.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- Degree / Diploma in Visual Merchandising, Interior Design or Architecture
- 3 - 5 years of retail interior design or visual merchandising experience, IKEA experience is highly preferred
- Proven ability to visualise, design and communicate home furnishing and retail solutions
About the role
You are responsible to create inspiring store solutions for an easy and convenient shopping experience and increasing vitality by translating deep knowledge about consumer buying behaviour, store layout, range presentation and local market knowledge thereby contributing to positioning the IKEA Brand in the local market as the home furnishing specialist and the IKEA store as an up-to-date and innovative destination that always offers something new. You will secure the visual expression of the store in line with IKEA manuals.
Key Specific Accountabilities
- Use visual merchandising competence to strengthen the uniqueness of the IKEA identity in range presentation solutions in the store by working with store layout, range presentation and vitality.
- Actively contribute to the department action plan with initiatives that will grow the business and support long-term profitability and execute the agreed plans in close co-operation with other functions.
- Use the knowledge of people's needs and dreams in the local market to plan and implement relevant, inspiring, affordable and commercial range presentation solutions that reflect a wide variety of styles, price levels, meet the many individual tastes and exceed our visitor's expectations.
- Keep visitors in mind when working on the shop floor, minimise disruption and remain aware at all times of the importance of safety and the visual impact for visitors.
- Respect routines and responsibilities, work together with the Com&In team and other functions, act quickly to exploit commercial opportunities and understand the impact of actions on the financial results.
- Secure high quality, simplicity, efficiency and cost consciousness in planning and implementing all range presentation solutions by applying national directions and using global tools, proven solutions and best practices.
- Actively contribute to gathering insights about store layout and range presentation and translating this knowledge into relevant and inspiring store solutions that will support a convenient shopping experience and reflect the local needs of life at home.
- Stay up to date with knowledgeable about home furnishing, retailing and trends in order to generate creative directions that inspire and surprise visitors with a strong visual impression.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.