Jobs home > Customer Service Assistant - HD/SE | IKEA | Al Ain, UAE
About Al-Futtaim Private Company LLC
No two days are the same at Al-Futtaim, no matter what role you have. Our work is driven by the desire to make a difference and to have a meaningful impact with the goal of enriching everyday lives. Take our engaging and supportive work environment and couple it with a company culture that recognises and rewards quality performance, and what do you get? The chance to push the limits every single day.
As a humble family business that started on the banks of the Dubai Creek in the 1930s, Al-Futtaim has expanded to a presence in 31 countries, a portfolio of over 200 companies, and 42,000 employees. You’ll find us in industries ranging from automotive and retail, to finance and real estate, and connecting people with international names like Lexus, Ikea, Robinsons, and Adidas. Our team is proudly multicultural and multinational because that kind of diverse representation gives us the global mindset to grow and impact the people, markets, and trends around us.
About Al-Futtaim IKEA
We are a values-driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people.
Al-Futtaim IKEA holds the franchise rights for IKEA in Egypt, Oman, Qatar and the United Arab Emirates.
You have the ability to work in a fast retail environment. You are enthusiastic about assignments and working with others in a team. You are able to prioritize and plan tasks to reach the targeted results. You have a passion for home furnishing, retailing and how people live at home.
What’s more, we believe that you have the following knowledge, capabilities and motivation:
- Live and share the IKEA values every day
- High School / Trade School Graduate
- 1-2 years in a similar role or Customer Service
- Customer Focus
- Effective Communication
- Team Player
- Good English communication skills, Arabic Speaker would be preferred
About the position
You are responsible to operate the back office in the store in day to day function. It is your overall responsibility to ensure all Back Office services and processes support the Home Delivery function for consistent service.
Key Specific Accountabilities:
- Receives and inspects all incoming goods from HD front desk and reconciles with home delivery documents as per the company policy, system and procedure
- Ensures to log each home delivery documents before goods are pushed to the loading bay
- Post, file and reconciles all completed home delivery documents
- Prepares and follow up the home delivery teams’ schedules
- Ensures all productivity measures are in place.
- Responds on Email/ Social media which received by IKEA CEC agents.
- Ensure to maintain benchmark of 48hrs for active cases. In addition, to contact the customer with update.
- Raising awareness to the SP team of the important of calling the customer everyday morning to confirm the delivery timing.0
- Ensure that postponed Jobs were booked on daily basis in coordination with Routing team.
- Ensure that all created pass outs were logged responsibly and cleared on the agreed timeline
- Ensures to follow up advance payment from Admin office
- Budget awareness.
- Ensures all customers’ queries are attended to in a professional manner
- Always Provide excellent customer service.
- Follow up with all pending jobs and ensure that any challenges were addressed to the HD seniors and manager.
A few more things for you
Interest? Then please join us for a rewarding career journey!
We are here to provide excellent service but a little help from you can ensure a five-star candidate experience from start to finish.
Before you click, “apply”: Please read the job description carefully to ensure you can confidently demonstrate why this opportunity is right for you and take the time to put together a well-crafted and personalised CV to further boost your visibility. Our global Talent Acquisition team members are all assigned to specific businesses to ensure that we make the best matches between talent and opportunities. We not only consider the requisite compatibility of skills and behaviours, but also how candidates align with our Values of Respect, Integrity, Collaboration, and Excellence.
As part of our candidate experience promise, we also want to make ourselves available to you throughout the application process. We make every effort to review and respond to every application.